Sunday, March 14, 2010

Hank Haney Talks Tiger Woods


Imagine Tiger Woods’ instructor, Hank Haney, standing right in front of you, offering you advice on your golf game. That is exactly what happened to me at Chelsea Piers in New York in an event held in conjunction with The First Tee and FedEx.

I had the opportunity to stand within inches of one of the Top 100 instructors in the world, so what should I ask him? I thought most about my own game. Being a 14 handicap, I have alot of questions, ranging from help with basic fundamentals (for both myself and many of my listeners) right down to nitty-gritty questions about Tiger Woods.

Okay, so Mr. Haney didn’t help only me that day, his main focus was on the hundred or so kids that belong to the New York Metropolitan Chapter where he mentioned, “What could be better than to help the best player in the world and to help kids?�?

The few minutes that I taped with Mr. Haney is literally a gold-mine of information which will definitely assist both the beginner and advanced amateur golfer. And yes, there is even some commentary on Tiger Woods, his philosophy and how he’s faring during his forced rest.

Thanks to Mr. Haney for helping me with my game. Barry even learned a few things from my interview! And why not? Even Tiger Woods has a coach to assist him with his game and he’s the greatest golfer on the planet.

Also, thanks to the First Tee Program and FedEx for the invite.

Check out the live interview here: http://www.worldgolf.com/blogs/golf-for-beginners/2008/08/25/hank_haney_talks_tiger_woods_gives_easy_

No comments:

Post a Comment